Monday, May 29, 2017

9577. KEEP YOUR POWDER IN RESERVE

KEEP YOU POWDER 
IN RESERVE
So silence is the word we want : I've studied
psychological intentions and realize only now
what the man wanted was not what he got.
It's in how we grow  -  a personal make-up.
Being. Glory. Laid low.
-
Here, once back a few years, I'll make
recollection of 15 degrees, early morning
dead as cold, cold as dead. The girl, Ophelia,
maybe, (I forget all those stylish names) she 
let me in the locked backdoor of the coffee
shop, just not to see me freeze. I suppose
there were other places I could have gone.
-
But it was way too early. I even had my own key
to the bookshop, but I never wished to get there
so early as to become suspicious. All that unknown
space, and all that suspicious race. Instead, so,
I stayed there happy. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
(Or however ways that goes).

No comments: