Friday, May 19, 2017

9541. I'M IN THE HAPPY SHED

I'M IN THE HAPPY SHED
There are times, granted, when the best thing
to do is just lay back and let everything pass
you by. Man out of season, wandering guy.
Aloof. Detached.
-
The thick sky trestles in blue where the
railroad tacks cross over the stream. The old
farm there, long now abandoned, has finally
been claimed by some builder. To put up nine
vast homes of a new discontent.
-
I watch disconcertedly this downtown scene.
Freehold, New Jersey is the place. It confuses
me today very so : the light here is out, been
red for at least five minutes now, obviously
not functioning. The people are antsy, yet
no one does a thing but continue to wait.
-
The car behind me is a cop car. Six or so
cars up, as well, there had been a cop car, 
but it eventually swung a turn and left
this waiting line, off a side-street and
away. Which is what I too will be doing
here now. There's a driveway off to my
left, as I wonder what the cop behind
me will do. Can't wait forever.
I go, though the way be wild.

No comments: