Tuesday, May 16, 2017

9527. WONDER AND AWE

WONDER AND AWE
Each day it's wonder and awe for me,
so much so that I never know where
I'm going and never realize where I
end up. I should found my own church.
-
There are things that leave me speechless,
always churning around the bend. At any
point: the movie-house lettering, five birds
in the sky, a shadow, the back of that book.
-
I see ideas in a plate-glass window, and 
the wandering forms of an idle reflection. 
People's bent faces  -  and people's spent 
faces too. Those too old for the young 
and those too young for the old. Those 
coming, or going. The bought, or the
sold. Those coming again.
-
It's never over under those maple-tree eaves.
Those boughs and those branches are new,
every new leaf and bud I saw -  a perfect
mark to recollect, my wonder, my awe.

No comments: