Saturday, May 13, 2017

9517. SHAV'ROTH TEV

SHAV'ROTH TEV
Let me wander then, among these
circular graves and wandering
parts. Across the fields the warring
junkyards vie : trucks lined up
disgorging cars along the rutted
airport road as Route One too
whizzes by. For all intents and
purposes, this is the here and this
is the now. I do not know, however,
what this means when one is dead.
-
High up, and above my eyes, high
steel tension wires rise; a railway grid
and passing trains, the Anheuser Busch
accolade of light cavorts across the sky.
I think I have a cousin still in there,
who works. But I am not sure. Beer
being beer, it too little matters.
-
A few stingy, cinder-block work-sheds
are standing  -  here, among the rising
grass. The rest are mausoleums, from
1924 and not much more. All that
remembrance brings - the broken gates,
the trashed stain-glass. Colored lights
that hypnotize, will sparkle someone
else's eyes, as there is nothing here
worth shining. This is the old.
-
On the ground, cheers and weeds, 
wonder and seeds. It is already late 
Spring, yet nothing happens. I stand 
at Allen Ginsberg's grave once more, 
morose, and looking down.

No comments: