Sunday, May 28, 2017

9571. WISE COTTON IN THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE

WISE COTTON IN 
THE ASPIRIN BOTTLE
I realize I don't really know much of anything
about myself : how I got this old, I do not know.
I remain uncomfortable with this life, nervous and
shy and squeamish. There are things I've never
gotten over. Childhood stuff, I guess. I do not
know what it means to be this way. If anyone,
say, ever saw my poop, I'd die. I've never
gotten over something about shitting : don't
know what it is. Embarrassment. Too shy again.
A certain weakness to not acknowledge facts.
-
Never got over things. Horrid stuff.  The odors
and the chimes of all this life. They pile up and 
sicken me. I want to run away. I certainly wish
for nothing of talking these matters out. Let's
be frank  -  that's why I write. A way to atone. 
I can dwell in my land, without bother, alone.


No comments: