Sunday, May 7, 2017

9498. FIVE POINTS TO THE BROADLOOM

FIVE POINTS TO 
THE BROADLOOM
C'mon then. let's have that trip to New York;
we'd have a wonderful time. You could look
for old windmills and I could tilt at them. Just
like Sancho Panza, that's me. I'll chuck you
a pear from old Stuyvesant's tree, and you
could write letters and send them to me.
-
Hey, Franky Number two, there's a car in the
alley I cannot recognize. A Rover 2000? Is
it that guy's, what's his name, the artist?
I forget. There's frost on the windows and
it's in need of a wash, but it's cool enough
just as it is. 1967? Worth some dough.
-
One time I was watching, from the street
below, where I was sitting  -  on one of 
those iron water spouts that used to stick
out from the older buildings  -  and about 
three floors up, in the bright-lit windows,
some girl was taking off her clothes. Yeah,
just like that, no curtains, no nothing; and
without a care in the world. What else could
we do, yeah, we all just sat and watched.
-
Most of this life is hit and miss. Some things
travel well, others don't. Sometimes you're
very well-prepared, and other times, it's 
like you just woke up.

No comments: