Monday, April 30, 2012

3620. COMMINGLING OF NATURES

COMMINGLING OF NATURES
And all that tumult. All that roaring.
I swear we see things that are not and
simply call them real : that time-worn
essence, now so all around us.
-
I walk 57th Street, end to end, and
see nothing but the striving for natures
of human form and silt  -  those miserable
self-portraits all lining the street. At the
Art Student's league I peer in to see
where I'm headed. Oh God, someone
recognizes me and I must say hello. The
lady looks like a frog, and she seems to
have grown so old. She goes to museums
on Tuesday to avoid the crowds?
-
Well, that's what she said and I'll
have to accept. And then the door
swings shut and she is gone. The
noise rises  -  streetscapes come alive.
One could not paint a still-life here
even if one tried.
-
Were you out at morning's light?
The tumult, the commingling of natures.

No comments: