Wednesday, April 11, 2012

3569. SOME PEOPLE

SOME PEOPLE
Some people dance, some people waltz, some people scale
fences and others take falls. I want to be  neither nor
any of them. I'd rather my force was spent building
bridges to your heart, scaling heights into your mind,
rising the crest of every cloud that floats its blinding
way past you. In Winter, yes, it may be, I too wait
for snow  -  scanning the dark gray skies for what
is coming, what has been announced, the wind, the
flakes and flurries first, and then the massive storm
and all the things that have been announced. Though
it doesn't always work, it gets me by. In Summer,
quite the other way, I hide from blinding sunlight
in the day and seek instead a respite in the shades and
the shadows of night. Things come on like bullets  - 
fast and piercing, cutting bone and limb , slicing hearts
in two, sundering every meaning and what it's meant to do.

No comments: