Monday, April 23, 2012

3593. RIDGEFIELD COLONY

RIDGEFIELD COLONY
Don't you see how then you drop things and
they fall all over  -   wandering minstrels of
disdain and mis-repair; you speak of rumors
as if no one was to care. I stepped into your
library today, looking for something to see of
your small town's history : what I found was
single enough. Art colony, bohemian grove,
Summer encampments of all those bizarre and
crazy free-love artists and free-thinking men.
One book had it all; small story, briefly told,
so I had to go see for myself. And did. Those
varied, lengthy condos now that drip the
Hispanic hillsides instead  -  nothing left
of good sense or knowledge or learning.
Just hordes of the dense, the Mayor of
Stupidtown himself, I noted, was first
there in attendance. Ah, what a sorry
world it is, now, we live in; what
a sorry, sorry world.

No comments: