Wednesday, March 28, 2018

10,672. HANDSOME STUFF, THIS 'MERIKA

HANDSOME STUFF, 
THIS 'MERIKA
I sit and try to think what people want.
I do not know. I cannot tell. Perhaps
it is but something unbridgeable in
the thinnest of air. Can I air-mail a
resolution for a revolution? Are there
children in the street now crying out
for blood? Caps and gowns that have
no shoulders to wear them. This is
what comes next. Shouldn't we first
ask for Ukraine to be freed. Crimea?
-
I am sitting in a Denny's with Stalin.
We await a second course of Lenin.
The cheapest of subservient food, yes,
but delivered right to your door now, 
if you only ask, and these fools won't
ever know the difference in what 
they get to pay for.
 -
There were children around today, 
and they were dressed as skeletons 
carrying signs. Guns that make no
sense get better every day. One group
saying ban the bomb? And another,
yelling, bomb the ban? What's the
difference. In the end. 
The end is nigh.

No comments: