Tuesday, March 27, 2018

10668. VISITING JUDY AT THE DIRECTORATE

VISITING JUDY AT
THE DIRECTORATE
People shouldn't ask me for advice.
People shouldn't even talk : to me.
I'm pretty useless. Once I was told
about things, I figured it was all untrue.
And proved it well enough. Much like,
around here anyway, you see the Jehovah's
Witnesses walking around on Saturdays,
looking like business people in their
outing attire  -  the effort isn't worth
the pinch, but they do it anyway. One
time they came at me with their fixed
positions about the things of my Salvation.
I nodded and listened. Then I said, 'Why 
are you poorly dressed, like bad business
people? I don't understand. You asked
me my thoughts about salvation. God
is a rubber band!' They gimaced like I
was blowing fire. 'You pull and stretch
the concept  -  the band  -  it stays, and it
remains under pressure, holding things
for you. Sometimes it goes too much, or
dries out, and it snaps. That's like God, 
holding all things together until it gets
too much. So don't wander, don't talk;
just do your good works and be gone,
on your way, and deliverance too!

No comments: