Wednesday, March 21, 2018

10,647. ANY SEMBLANCE OF THINGS

ANY SEMBLANCE OF THINGS
Any semblance of things normal
can throw me far afield. I can juggle
the juggernaut with the best of them,
but the details make me weak. I can
remember Ronald Reagan and David
Stockman too; leaving trails along the
gridiron, of crumbs and mis-fit deeds.
-
The first time I won the lottery, I got a
twenty-thousand dollar car. Back when
something worth that much meant 
something. The second time I got a 
cake. The third time, they disqualified 
my money for being fake. I walked 
away with nothing but a limp.
-
If I testify at your trial will they tell
me what to say? I hear you've got a
terrific lawyer to represent. If I have
to lie, just remember it has to be done
really well to be believable; and I am
under oath. Just like that fake money 
was, it's all my problem.

No comments: