Sunday, March 4, 2018

10,600. WAR AND PEACE AND A BOTTLE OF RUM

WAR AND PEACE AND 
A BOTTLE OF RUM
I reached a point here where screaming
is no longer enough. All the town's meters
for parking are now changed, to kiosks.
At the center of the block. You've got to
now count your car, find the number of
the space, sort your time, and pay your
way. It's a new world coming and it's
just around the bend : No. No. That no
longer works, because it's already in
the past. Now to park you just scan
something with your phone. Dear silly
me, Mr. Man, I don't own a phone. It's
only for people like you on the other end.
and that's a dismal setting for a flower.
-
Why should it matter whereabouts I go?
Track my heart and soul, but leave my 
life alone? I won't enter your store except 
for storage. And even then, I promise that 
no forthcoming maneuvers will alter anything
of your Springtime morning, world.

No comments: