Friday, March 23, 2018

10,656. TELETYPE SHADES

TELETYPE SHADES
I visited Marin County back when
I had one leg. I hobbled through
the underbrush, mostly unhappy.
I didn't even know what it was,
this 'teletype shades' thing, but
that's what kept coming through.
California people don't understand,
and all it made me do was miss old
Lincoln Highway and Route 27 too.
How far away from the real can you 
get? The Pacific shore pounding gets
tiresome  - seals, and rocks, and goons.
The Driscoll Bridge has had its share
of jumpers, but the Golden Gate takes
the cake. People were driving with
blow-up fake passengers just to get
through the Occupied Vehicle lanes.
Once I saw them throwing the dolls
over the side, it was over for me  - 
a hundred, weird, floating bodies,
filling the California sky.



No comments: