Friday, October 24, 2014

6024. INTENSITIES OF HELL

INTENSITIES OF HELL
Intensities of Hell can be like Heaven, 
if only you live your life alone : waiting for
the caramel budge to break inside the oven,
where your head last surely sat. All those
women I used to know, doing their best
Sylvia Plath. To scream 'Daddy', to scream
'Daddy', at this and at that.
-
We are all monsters when the skin gets peeled 
away. Every thank-you fades to go-away. I cater
to the needs of everyman : or whoever that is right
now for whom the wind is wild and blowing.
There goes the rooftop. There goes the shed.
-
I watch this fine-boned woman sitting for tea;
she is thinking she's still in Schraft's, like Audrey
Hepburn would be. It's all a foil, and her chiseled
features send me money just looking. I wonder,
inside her head, what her Daddy-Monster is.
-
So then, Jane of Lexington Avenue, kiss me in your
dreams if you'd like, or spit out my name with the
drudgery of some exploitative moment that I am.
Chase me until I fly away. Just call me 'Daddy' today.
-
Hear the chimes of the Westside church. They ring, and
they peal, they sound and they hammer. There's nothing
to go away from; every sound is its own redundance.
All those intensities of hell, so startling they are.

No comments: