Sunday, October 5, 2014

5973. YOU HAVE JUST MET ELEANOR MAXWELL

YOU HAVE JUST MET
ELEANOR MAXWELL
Big eyes to foretell the future, fingernails that have
scratched, a handy way with a knife and heart. You
have just met Eleanor Maxwell. Take five, as the
jazz guys say  -  sit back, cool your heels.
-
I can't hear anything anymore : there's music, or 
what they call, and loud noises everywhere - 
lawnmowers, cars, power saws, trimmers. 
What gives? I've not been given a place to hide. 
-
I've seen a building out in the weeds, basically a
shack in the woods. It has six doors, for no apparent
reason. Six doors. I asked my friend Sal Marcano
why, and he said it had been a practice shed for his
Dad's construction crew. I guess they installed doors.
-
Now, it's simpler : they make buildings of of glass
and windows. The real mystery is  -  no way in,
and no way out, how now do they manage at all?

No comments: