Friday, October 3, 2014

5966. NOT BEING THE CHOSEN ONE

NOT BEING THE 
CHOSEN ONE
I walked 7 miles and more today : that's
what the counter said, on my belt. I always
knew it was like that. It's usually more like
9, but today I cut it short for you. Loretta Young
or Bethany Storey. I don't even recall your name.
-
Brewsters from Brewster were standing around
The Seagram Building. I was watching the girls
have their lunch : a few women in saris held cameras,
construction guys kept adding cigarette butts to their
little pile, and some taxi guy pulled over to pray.
-
By then it was after 1. I got up with my fishing line
and went into the fountain. The black guy who was
Security came over asked if 'they were biting.' I got
up and walked out of the water. 'No', I replied.
-
I tried to decide. If I was : would my basket already
been filled with fish, or would I just have walked
on the water and gone away?

No comments: