Monday, October 6, 2014

5975. HEROD

HEROD
(new history at larchmont)
Crucify this bothersome bastard? It's sure OK
with me, but pass it on to someone else, if you
don't mind. Isn't there a parking lot in Elam-Jemesh
that will do? Post a stake and hang him. Leave me be.
-
Now the flowers themselves have grown weeds along
the macadam's edge, and no one any longer knows the
difference between the deed and the doing. Was there ever
one anyway? I don't know. One bullet to the brain  -  and
before the second is over the life has ebbed. So much cleaner.
-
I'm so sick of weasels. Oh, Mr. Pilate, what have you to
say, or would you rather do this deed yourself? It's all 
so mythological now, and you'll became famous for the
ages. Send forth the water bucket, let me wash my 
hands of this damned and inflamed Jew.

No comments: