Wednesday, October 15, 2014

6008. PRESIDENT OF THE HANGING COMMITTEE

PRESIDENT OF THE 
HANGING COMMITTEE
'If that's Art, I'm a Hottentot.'  President Harry Truman
said that, on one of his better days. The rest of the time
he was bombing other cities. Good for him, atomic weasel.
He also chased journalists who criticized his daughter's
piano-playing in recitals. Better man than I am.
-
And, hell, I'm President of the Hanging Committee and that
gives me great power. 'Cept I don't yet know what that's about :
am I hanging this here 'Art' or we still doing subversive lynchings?
Jesus K. Rist how do I get in these confusing situations?
-
As a youngster I played marbles with thieves. They would
supply me with the mandatory marbles and those marbles
were always square  -  or at least way out of round. 
Nothing ever worked, and so I lost every time.
Buckets of dollars, and dollars for a bucket.
Better man than I am, now do you know how
that feels? The hurt is flecked with pain.
-
But, still, no matter, I am : President of the
 Hanging Committee again.

No comments: