Monday, October 13, 2014

6002. THAT OTHER CHEEK, SO MUCH TURNED

THAT OTHER CHEEK, 
SO MUCH TURNED
Odysseus in his odyssey, Virgil and his Aeneid,
the Iliad  -  all those topsy-turvy stories piled up
like Dutch Delft tile motivations in a detective's
forensics lab. 'Clues, clues, and rubbish, 
that's all this case has.'
-
Well, anyway, let this be said for the easy things :
I did find the darkness even if  -  for the most of
it all  -  the lights were out. I didn't bump into
anything while I did my best blindness act.
And that other cheek, yes, yes, always turned.
-
 My aunt and uncle lived on Delafield. I loved it
there and swore to get myself back to it. Years
later  -  when I did  -  under my own power return,
it looked all so different, beaten down and
smaller and a dump. Yet, it mattered not then.
That other cheek, so  much turned.

No comments: