Tuesday, October 7, 2014

5978. JIMMY THE RAT

JIMMY THE RAT
Jimmy the rat was scurrying around  -  I called him that
and he really was a rat. About 12 inches long, I guess, and
colored like a rat should be  -  there must be a word for that
tint or tone. He was a friend of mine. East 11th, 509. A really
nice place, if you have the time. This was 1967, 1968, and
really, really, really, things were different then.  I go there
now  -  ambling back and just to see  -  and my mind is set
to another level. Things, I understand, come and go; yet as
much as that happens, everything else always comes back.
They even put up markers now for things that were.
-
If you ever see the movie 'Ragtime', with James Cagney 
and other, maybe 1982, who knows, well, that's my spot 
and block 'Novy Mir Working Man's Cafe'. The film
people came in, and did over the entire block to look
like old Moscow, or Petersberg, or somewhere I forget.
Not big on movies myself  -  can't extend the disbelief
needed to fall for what I see. Now, years later, I
fully understand as well  -  that's how Life is and
that how Reality should be.

No comments: