Friday, November 29, 2013

4793. 1. FRENCH FOR SPECTACLE

1. FRENCH FOR SPECTACLE 
If I call upon you and you come, where shall you
go? Or come to? You have created me for you,
and therefore my own heart cannot be quieted until
it rests in you. And yet, 'by thee, with ye, and without 
thee' I must yet live in this miserable garden. Anything
alive is already imbued with you; how is it, therefore,
that I entreat you to come? To me? Who could not
be anyway, unless you were first in me. Were you not
already within me, I should have no being. Therefore
why entreat? Heaven and Earth already contain you, 
seeing as have you have already filled them  -  but, 
the overflow, the more of what you have made, 
where does the overflow go? For you cannot be 
contained, so it must then overflow. You are
not scattered, for it is you who gathers up us.
-
Ever active, and ever quiet : like the sunlight in
a solarium, beating down briskly on hot Renaults
below. The shoulder of a tea cup and a coffee, a few
crumbs still left upon a cafe table. What is any of 
this then, and of what meaning, without you?
-
Dic animae meae : salus tua ego sum.
Say unto my Soul : I am thy Salvation.

No comments: