Saturday, November 30, 2013

4796. TEMPLE DOORS ARE FLYING OFF THE SHELF

TEMPLE DOORS ARE 
FLYING OFF THE SHELF
You don't think it's evil, any of this? You don't think
it just plain stupid shit? Had there been an instance like
this in headers of Jerusalem, some jeremiad would
already have taken us down. The guy with the whiplash
would have entered and cleansed the place. It's happened
like that before. As it is, we live like geeks  -  some eating
chicken bones and gizzards with their laughter and smiles.
-
Takes me down for the count, it does. Another decrepit 
televised drunk, drinking his Shithead Moose blend, holding
a shadow-mike up his ass to discover new sounds of the season.
I pass the window where hundreds are waiting. Fat and small,
cheap dollars all  -  they want their candy, they want their trikes.
I can't even look away, scanning this bleak horizon twice.
-
Give me a hand that holds the sun and the stars,
twirl me a cosmic moonlight  -  my solar system is 
all heart and soul. None of this crap exists.

No comments: