Sunday, November 10, 2013

4739. WILD LOOKING SKY

WILD LOOKING SKY
'Look into my eye, Starbuck, I feel wild myself.'
Now aye landlubbers listen : that old guy amidst the
kids is sitting alone. One large tap of a beer is his.
-
'Like yonder windlass and fate is the hand, mate, and 
all the time that smiling sky and unsounding sea.'
No one listens. 'I came on board thinking to drink;
though this barroom is on land, I myself have been
a'drift, a'sea for years. My lone fate dangles before
me. Well, at least I smell land, even if just me.'
-
'I dreamed last night of a lusty lady in my heart; she took
my soul away and broke me. I awoke whimpering, and
wet with seed. It wouldn't matter, but to me. I am so
sick of unjusified living, so very tired of all. Now
there's a wild looking sky above me. 
It's one I'm sure now I can read.'

No comments: