Sunday, November 10, 2013

4740. BENEVOLENCE

BENEVOLENCE
I've got benevolence under my fingernails; it makes my
suitcase shine. I'm not the one with the wipers, though it
always seems raining. Look above me, the dormer window
is open  -  something must be coming in. One cat meows.
-
Here in the open country, the land is doubled up : one part
geography, the other part greed. Every corner seems something
different and new. Here's a recent list: my heart is a duplex,
my second level has a nice stairway, my garage has an extra
spot. Bicycles hang from the ceiling. One cat meows.
-
I awoke from a sleep, like a long birth returned, and could
only think of all the things I'd known already : the Aswan High 
Damn and the Suez Canal, Montevideo and Port Au Prince.
I was told I must pay for all damages  -   three chandeliers, a
doorway and an antique cherrywood table. One cat meows.

No comments: