Wednesday, November 13, 2013

4747. AL

AL
'I don't know what kind of  show you're
running here, Al, but it seems running off
the tracks. The laugh-track is off-kilter, out
of synch, and loud when it should be stilled.
That amazing grimace you proffer, that skeptical
want of grace and mirth, let me see how to put
it, 'you've run it for all that it's worth.' I want to so
be your partner in something new, wiser and strong  -   
this old, TV sit-com bullshit, it's been going on so long. 
There's nothing left for redemption, and these clowns
in the audience, all of them too, they're just here
for pleasure, from Dubuque, or having escaped their
zoo. I don't want to put them down, but give me a
another take. I don't know what kind of show
you're running here, Al; but, please, let's take a break.

No comments: