Tuesday, May 29, 2012

3674. REGISTER JUST THE NOTION

REGISTER JUST THE NOTION
Of time running by, of the river of light, fading;
Make the ideal the norm  -  as some holy roller
preacher would plead just before the collection.
Bring the heaven from the stars and back, let it
cut right through your heart like a Jesus shaft
of light from on high. Bend to no man except to
help him up. Register just the notion of hope.
-
I find I dream in italics or boldface  -  captions so
raw and naked they underscore the fixation of
my mind to my hand. I try to make even the
thought of magic a magical thing. Let us stay
this discursive course ourselves until this
winding road comes upon its own silly end.
-
Keep the bead upon the dotted line.
Gently pull the trigger, but as if, at the
same time, you really meant it. And, by
all means of course, be sure the barrel
is first directly in your mouth.
Register just the notion.

No comments: