Wednesday, May 23, 2012

3665. MOST THE GENERAL WAY

MOST THE GENERAL WAY
He is slobbering ham again. The wiry
fellow with friends on his arm : the Jewish
boy with his yellow armpatch, that Catholic 
kid all sickened and scared. Eating no meat
on Friday, like some strange medieval pagan
with his practice  -  the fat nun declaims to
him the rightness of God's cause, all the while
her dildo is a cross. I never withstood this
dance of time, and have fallen with the best.
My own childhood was no test of reason :
I was raised within a very stupid cave, and
brought out on a rack. My parents, both
long dead now, caved and I was their ransom,
saved, for nothing except abstemious hearts
and practices; learning nothing but the bad.
-
If I could rise, right now, today, and be
lifted like some Ezekial or Enoch straight
up to the starry heavens, I'd be laughing
all the way and go willingly to Heaven's
death, Heaven's slimy cross, Heaven's
fiery gate. As it is, my feet are made
of heavy clay, and I do nothing
here but stay (in most
the general way).

No comments: