Thursday, May 10, 2012

3642. LIGHT IN EARLY MORNING : PALE GOLD

LIGHT IN EARLY MORNING : 
PALE GOLD, Part One
"When I get out at the jack-pines, yes, I am
already then dead-tired. Not dead, mind you,
just dead-tired, as I said. The hills around me,
all that nature crap I see  -  configurations of
shadows and atoms and molecules done up
in their temporary dress  -  illusionary to be
sure, and who the fuck cares? I want for
nothing, because there is nothing.
-
Not for any high-flying, high-horse-ass
reasons of philosophy or near belief,
but because (fucking a-all) there just
is - Nothing. Not worth looking at,
not even worth caring. All that 'candles
in the wind, don't let your light go out'
crap is but real-estate-sentimental-acres
bullshit, the kind the dime-store used to
sell, and gone to hell for naught.
-
Generalities of matter, and  -  oh Hell!  -  
for the time being alone and there's no
time being. 'Junkpiles of soil and rock,'
Pavarese said, 'the world is a construct
of meaningless variables.' And all these
particularities, he would see them too,
just as I am, the hikers, the man and the
woman with their stupid backpacks and
dumb hiker's asses, boots and cut-offs,
walking sticks and the rest, he too would
see them and get bored to death saying
'Intellectual failures, chic hangouts for
bastardized Nature freaks and the 
assorted bottled-water admirers who
always drift up.' And then anyway
they drive home and get there and
continue to ruin their fucked-up
transient world like a permanent
bad situation. I don't care; my
thirst for the absolute overcomes
their thirst for shit."

No comments: