Friday, May 25, 2012

3669. THESE PROVISIONS

 THESE PROVISIONS
I must tunnel to Hell first through your
barricaded heart. The night watchman
says he hears you curse my name : the
silence of time, yes, I admit, can be as
deafening as all that too, but I tell him
nothing more. We've outlasted all the
gimcrackery and avoidance together.
-
Onto the shelf I watch you put the regular
junk of an everyday life : cornflakes and
maple syrup, tomato sauce and a jar of
pickled beets. No matter; these things
just are, like the smile on your face.
-
Somewhere behind my head, your
stupid music goes on : boys singing
about girls or girls singing about boys.
It's everywhere the same - the loveless
seeking love, or those in passion seeking
an out. Sex and madrigals, organ
preludes, all that a'capella crap.
-
I no longer have the hesitation needed
to run after yet another dream. It was
once a dream of you, but I've placed
that too on the shelf we've stacked.


No comments: