Monday, May 7, 2012

3634.I'LL HAVE TO TRIM MY ADVANCE

I'LL HAVE TO 
TRIM MY ADVANCE
(Mammon Leftover)
The bankers collide with the law
while the brokers collude with each other.
It is mentioned 'there's no shame in the processs'
though the process had  long ago died. The wastrels of
hunger and meat, those things which are not profit, wait
about for crumbs or leavings. The dark side roars, the
situation threatens. Outside the stack exchange, I see
two hundred people scruffing the neck of good sense,
fighting back to the pillars of Mammon.
-
Tonight was the largest full moon of the year,
I am told - one must believe illusion? I saw this
wan disc dipping down, touching the rim of a now
not-so-solid Earth. 'Just a closer walk with thee, oh
dear Jesus, let it be.' Such were the words of this orb
as they lit on the sky  -  and then the drunk mavens
broke through. 'Cinco de LMayo for me and for you!
We get drunk on the land, we are singing your profits,
oh great Christ what a night is this!
-
'I thought you got drunk on profits,' I muttered to
myself. Ambling through this depressing morass,
I espied what I thought was one more roving prophet.
 'Tell me, kind sir, what shall come of all this?
Where are we headed and where do we dock?' And
then the spinning landscape stopped, while the feeble
crowd roared. 'There is nothing in sensation like death
or elation  -  two extremes, neither to be ignored.'
Miraculous exposure in the lightning of the surreal.
 

No comments: