Tuesday, May 29, 2012

3673. TAKE YOUR SKILLS TEST AND STUFF IT UP YOUR ASS

TAKE YOUR SKILLS 
TEST AND STUFF IT 
UP YOUR ASS
(Memorial Day (fucking))
-a new bark for the revolution's tree/

crazy man goes nuts/
call it whatever you wish-

------------

We are walking tepidly along the banks of
the old canal, near where the water has flooded
a hundred times - each of the old crummy buildings
sport their most recent mud-lines flood-lines water marks
like a ten-foot badge of some abandoned pride. A hundred
different flowers have bloomed, leaving nothing left for Mao.
That old, chubby Chinese moron once had a movement called
'Let a Hundred Flowers Bloom', when such a killer bastard as
he was could finally presume to let an artist talk - and then turn
on him anyway and kill. I hope he's dead twice and suitably rotted.
-
That's what I said to you anyway, as we were walking. I was really
thinking of Hart Crane and the crazy fag leap he took off the back 
of a boat - trying to pick up sailors in the Caribbean, now that's for
sure the way any poet ought to live. He should have got his 

homo ass back to New York City licitly split. 
Oh, they don't do that do they?
-
I'm so tired of everything - all the rancid crap that passes 

for goals and merit today. Flamboyant fucking people 
walking along on their little pin feet, playing with screens and 
phones and screens and keys; nine-year old equivalences, 
and everywhere about them nothing. The land and the trees,
the sky and all those fancy elms. Up their fucking asses with all 
that too. I'm petrified sick of this world, and even when 
I wasn't I was. Dostoevsky, Gogol, Tolstoy, all those Russian 
bastards got nothing on me. I want to go drown in their reeds.
-
Now someone says 'It's Memorial Day', while selling

some stupid paper flower to another unwitting fool. We're
supposed to remember the fucking stupid dead, the ones 

who've gone down, the ones who've fallen, the tricked-up
soldiers who've lost their way. 'Not for me,' I turn and say,
 'not for me, buddy, no way.'
-
I realize, as we walk, that you really do believe in
everything, while I believe in nothing at all.

No comments: