Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3536. WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

WHAT WILL THEY 
THINK OF NEXT?
Just like the old-timers used to say, 'what will
they think of next?'  -  give me your sustaining
melody, take me to your twinkle-toes, lift the
graft with your Casandra. More then that,
I do not know.
-
It was only chance that brought me a
fleeting glory; ending up on your front
steps, begging food, you took me in.
I washed your mighty dishes for an hour.
We talked, and then the wildman within 
me took a session as we both laughed.
-
Graft and corruption and invincible seed;
something like that  -  I really forget all
the rest. I'd not escape your atmosphere
no matter, wherever I went, and it all
comes together in the end. We are human
in only one respect : not eternal, just human
in both the flesh and the needs. Disturb
nothing as you prepare to leave, for this
is now my house, my house alone.
-
More than that, I do not know.

No comments: