Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3519. SPACETALK

SPACETALK
We marveled all the way to Wiemar,
gabbing at the circuit, pointing to the
ruins. There were so many of the
old names looming that we'd forgotten
to notice the company we kept. You said
'this all reminds me of three years ago, when
I had to enter that paper in the contest for
Snell.' I laughed, remembering the fraud
you'd gotten involved with  -  no worse for
wear, Snell was never found out. Now, like
some Goethe sniveling his way past the
guards, we walked lightly on through the
arcade. A carousel rounded its turn.
-
I sometimes wonder why I was ever born :
wonder not for those deep and philosophical
reasons you'd think, but rather to make some
sense of all this wasted time. I orient my face
towards the east in the hopes of catching
the rising sun, and then I understand that
being oriented towards the orient is a stupid
and redundant ploy. Like my own life, the
light and the rays of the sun cover over
everything, all the same and mostly
without impact. We are inured to
that which passes as Life by us.
-
Perhaps someday I can write in your book
as you have written in mine. Until then.
purely out of boredom at best, I sit back,
trying to invent a magic stylus with a
magic message, something new
I could tell to you.

No comments: