Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3495. LOVERS ON THE BRIDGE, EMBRACING

LOVERS ON THE 
BRIDGE, EMBRACING
And so, lovers on the bridge, embrace 
for all things and for all time. And I am
so lonely. And I am wistful for you.
That slow, old curvature of brick and
iron  -  the gentle mathematics making
up his bridge, this arc; I fall for all these
things as I fall for Love itself, and you.
-
This is, after all, but the path of a footbridge.
We, the people, pass as harmlessly by through
time as the pages of a calendar that have now
fallen to the floor. Yet, no, for I remember both
you and your voice. It has become, instead, the
harm of your absence which hurts me now.
-
Down below, a few gents row their rented
watercraft  -  hobbled green rowboats,
painted with a star on the side, reading:
'Star Rentals at Riverkeep Basin'. Now
girlfriends riding shotgun seem ready to
dive; and I am sad and sorry and lonely,
all over you again, all over you again.
-
And so, lovers on the bridge embrace,
for all things, over and over again,
clutching at each other's hearts for glue
and glory. And I am once again alone.

No comments: