Monday, March 26, 2012

3528. MOMENTS OF MATTER

MOMENTS OF MATTER
(Your Deciphered Distortion)
Your time on the hill is over and
mine has just begun. I bring to this
grassy plain some guiding lights and
an angel's happy star. To paraphrase
Isaiah: 'Come let us twinkle together.'
-
It was 1964 when Lyndon Johnson said that
to his fighting adversaries. No, maybe 1966 -
all those Asian years together now jumble,
they just keep me running on. I never figured
what he meant. Isaiah and Asian, though they
closely run together as sounds perhaps,
never really worked nor mated.
-
I was just a young boy then, young enough
anyway no have no long memory of ever
having been there : no sensate experiences
to speak of singly. I was just open and ready
to learn. It was all a lark-fink's already Paradise,
still faraway, in a landscape green and wet, where
boys were killing boys and men slew men. All
too little to move me, and I went on. No one, no
father nor any, had really prepared me for life.
-
It is important that he drove his Lincoln at 95
through the dust of dirt and the Pedernales fields
in Texas  -  all those years ago. Now, since, we've
had too much Texas, too much Texas everywhere.
-
So I've decided, Isaiah -  not Johnson  -  and
words really rule the world; no one or no thing else.
 This deciphered distortion I've now given to you,
and all I remember of my time on Earth.
 'Come, let us reason together.'

No comments: