Monday, March 5, 2012

3492. MY FAINT TRANSGRESSION

MY FAINT 
TRANSGRESSION
I may have harbored ill feelings of worth,
non-sequitors entered through doorways
of mirth : like All Hallows Eve, all my shades
and shadows came from Death itself. I arose
at the break of day, and settled on struggling
forward. Alongside me, only the fence at the
graveyard stood in the light of the dawning day.
-
I figured that to be enough. Trees, and their
companions, birds, each rose upward to
greet the day : I heard the little cacophony,
running on, noisy in light, it kept a powerful
prayer within me going. I was alive, I knew,
alive enough to stand and come forth, be counted.
-
'One should never be surprised', the doctor said,
'to find oneself alone within a crowd. Take it as a
sign of strength that, at the least, you've finally
grown enough to recognize the singularity of self.'

No comments: