Monday, March 26, 2012

3526. ENFEEBLED MY BRAIN

ENFEEBLED MY BRAIN
I wash my hands with my hands, but how can this be?
There is nothing so inchoate as this varying wordlessness
I never undertake. Oh, you have gotten through to me surely,
broken my lead-wrapped heart, opened my gushers of vast
and emotive blood. I want to look ahead, past all this moment.
-
The city, that pile of no good corruption, has taken down the
public pool : wasted its walls, crushed its pedestals and diving
boards, torn back the fencing  -  now all the LaGuardia Projects
remain, all those embattled WPA housing built long ago for the
poor and needy, without this watering hole of public largess.
-
The blacks and Puerto Ricans who once played there, replacing,
before them the war-torn ghetto Jews who just sat there, stunned,
they too now have all gone. There is no one left, really to even
support. And why bother? Everything now is warfare and ammo-cake.
-
The whole world is angry. Settlements and red-lines, occupiers 
and the occupied. It's a long-torn world forlorn, a fairy-tale 
place now of just ogres and goons. They've taken down 
the public pool. Who would have thought it would have 
happened this soon?

No comments: