Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3496. HANGING BY THE JIMRO TREE

HANGING BY 
THE JIMRO TREE
I might have wished to dodge you, I may
have tried to run. But, over there, near
where the carport sits, there wasn't really
any place to hide. So many olives on the
olive tree. No Jesus ever withered that one.
-
I caught my fishing line on an overhead
wire. How weird was that? Someone from
the local paper, after being called, actually
ran over to photograph my predicament.
'Photograph this!' I exclaimed as he left.
-
The harlot of Cambamber County, the one
with the yellow hair, she was just here. I
paid her five dollars to listen to my story
and just let me touch. It was a rough outing,
I agree, but I managed to stay within bounds.
Sometimes, often, girls just drive me crazy.
-
So many things cannot be helped, so why
then do we bother? I climbed to seventy stairs
at the memorial, and what did it get me?
Nothing much, just another view of an oily,
stinking harbor, and a bunch of cars seen
waiting in line, all needlessly running at idle.
-
I cannot ever seem to figure things out.

No comments: