Saturday, November 28, 2020

13,245. THERE IS SUCH A DIFFERENCE

THERE IS SUCH A DIFFERENCE
Kilimanjaro, or Alcatraz. Can you
not see what I mean? The houses
in a row that nearly touch, but with
a paltry driveway in between, and
the '40 acres and a mule' sights I
now live amidst. The guy who pees
in the barnyard, and the girl who
deals in slits. I don't know, but there
never was a sameness to that at all.
Did Adam go to Eve, even before
the Fall?
-
Lets look this lens up: It says
here it 'captures the distant past,
for the observer's eye, if the lens
is completely focused and if the
viewer can hold it still. The more
distant the old sight sought, the
steadier the hold must be. See?
-
I quit. I tug at my shirt and walk 
along the quay. I'm dreaming of
something different  -  another,
more distant, land. Lord, lord,
am I never to be satisfied?

No comments: