Friday, November 20, 2020

13,230. TOUGH LITTLE SUGAR CAT

TOUGH LITTLE SUGAR CAT
Out from the harbinger they say here
that everything now means something.
I don't think so; it's all meaningless.
A scattershot recital by brats; a litany
of abusive excuses.
-
My screwdriver tray fell off of the
cabinet; everything went everywhere.
'Like ideas,' I said to Fred, 'like ideas.'
He wanted me to tell him about the
last time in Woodstock.
-
Candy paper wrappers. Cellophane phone
books, and that weird girl named Tendra
selling pictures from her table. 'A tough
little sugar cat,' I said, as she came
over and smiled anew. 
-
She'd grown up in Timothy Shoals, which
was a town somewhere near Biloxi; she
claimed. I wouldn't know, and I said so.
'Geography was never my strong suit,
but I always know where I am.' 

 


No comments: