Tuesday, November 10, 2020

13,214. DUCKWORTH 821

DUCKWORTH 821
Everyone has strange negations:
You stole my car, I stole your
hat. What it means is nothing;
like an encyclopedia broken at
the binding, for 'Glossolalia.' The
new priest in the Chiclet house
would say 'Hail Mary' and then
run off. No news is good news?
-
It wasn't too far along before
I got to the river. The rafting
place was closed for the season,
which I already knew, and I was
glad for that. I hate those kids
all screeching, and the rafting
types too serious for their task.
-
The local general store was open.
I went in, Again with the stupid
masks, I couldn't even tell what
the foul girl was saying. An old
guy came over and asked how I
was. I said, 'I can't read lips with
these damned masks on.' He laughed
and said, 'Reckon not. Hadn't thought
of that myself.' Right next door, the
post office had restricted parking
and some Asian lady came out
in a huff.


No comments: