Wednesday, November 11, 2020

13,215. I HAVEN'T GOT A HAT

I HAVEN'T GOT A HAT
Nor a kingdom nor a daughter.
Am I still OK? When the wind
arises from off the lake, do the
birds know I am watching? Which
fingers tie these prayer beads to me?
How silent are the days of old?
-
It's not like cat and mouse, really,
though that cold game comes in to
play : Around the library window,
there's a new display. Enticing losers
to be sure and vote, it's somehow
already two weeks out of date and
as meaningless as it was before
November came.
-
They still fight their cum-fests out
in the streets. I wouldn't care what
they do, but it reeks, of commingled
cares and village caresses. People
don't need people at all, and those
who do should step right to Hell.
-
Comradeship is sickness, or haven't
you yet heard? In your lassitude, you
still insist on walking blind?

No comments: