Sunday, November 22, 2020

13,234. ROUGH AND TUMBLE

ROUGH AND TUMBLE
Like ready to wear, and when you
were a kid. Blood instead of lipstick
on your collar. Just another fight
as the neighborhood scholar.
Everyone used to laugh at you,
but now see what they've got.
Scotch and soda, running
down the spout.
-
No one knows how to handle
anything now; let alone this.
There's a motion awry, sent
afar, out-of-kilter  -  nothing
joyful at all within the lines of
Noel. Shall we go a'caroling?
-
I was once a manufactured idea.
I was once the guy at whom you
sneered. I come forth now  -  no
accolades  -  just seeking justice,
not parades.
-
I was the very fist astronaut; 
balloon man; zeppelin tot.
Before everything blew to
smithereens in this rough
and tumble world. All I
get now is solace.

No comments: