Friday, November 27, 2020

13,244. KEPT TO MY INCLINATIONS

KEPT TO MY INCLINATIONS
When I first heard the hymn
I put my head down, then I 
realized it was just the song
of a clown : distaff marauders
in robes were approaching:
Twelve ladies, like disciples
of night. I mentioned that I
wanted nothing but to be kept
to my own inclinations  -  books
about Trafalgar would just have
to wait. I knew a guy once who
claimed to be related to Admiral
Nelson  -  then I noticed all the
ladies began bowing down.
-
I also went through school with
a kid named Nelson Admiral,
and I never got the difference
between the two, though his 
name may have actually been
Admirale. I forget.
-
Then I said to them, 'If I tell
all of your secrets, which one 
you will be the betrayer?'
They cried, and asked why
I thought that was pre-ordained.
If that was a valid question, or
not, I let it go. My inclinations
told me so. 

No comments: