Friday, August 17, 2018

11,078. HIGH FALUTIN' JIMMY RAGS

HIGH FALUTIN' JIMMY RAGS
1. The bicycle came home to rest.
This is not really true. There is no
rest for the wicked, and the bicycle
is but a figment.
2. Howard Carles lived 3 houses off.
Quite alone, he was small of stature,
and his wife was dead. He didn't do
much, but did occasionally make toast
with honey, which he ladled on. The
odd aroma always carried, at least on
those days of open-windows and far-off 
air. I have to say, I never minded.
3. And that's saying a lot, inasmuch as,
as I aged, more and more things began
bothering me. Those fools with their
trimmers and mowers, the Mexicans
always trimming trees. Every so often,
you's hear of one getting hurt, or falling
out of a cutter box, or dying. I must 
admit, I took some glee.
4. Soon enough, I too was done.
That was it for me.
   

No comments: