Sunday, August 5, 2018

11,045. SHOUT

SHOUT
I don't know who among you
may remember this, but in
the 1970's I was the chief
fundraiser for the Screaming
Mulatto Brothers. We toured
Switzerland, in '74, on unicycles.
Probably our biggest gig. It was
all good fun, and we came away
elated, and made a little money
also. Management always makes
enemies, and sometimes we got
called the 'Scheming Mulatto
Brothers' too. But with a gun
in every pillowcase, we did
what we could do. 'Protecting
our corporate interests,' I called
it. (I learned that phrase at  
Wharton, and was dying to
put it to use). Then we went,
once, to Yuma, Arizona, for
a performance at the Flagstaff
and Yamu Party Club  -  it was
really just a branch of the American
Legion, but they changed the signs
upon request, and then put them
back up later. We sang old party
songs and wrestled on high wires. 
It was all good fun, and we made 
a little money. How I lost my job?
She was quite a little honey. I'd
shacked up with the Post 274
Commander's lady, and I guess
the word got out. (You can't do
much on a unicycle but shout).

No comments: