Monday, August 13, 2018

11,070. RUNNING IN LINE

RUNNING IN LINE
I went to church on Tuesday and
asked to see one 'Father Grimes.'
The person they sent forth was 
not the right man. 'Better times 
than these are what I demand.'
I said that to myself and was
only overheard by one. That
'one' was Father Grimes himself,
which is how we met. 'Where 
did you get that verse; it's really
pretty snappy,' he said. I replied,
just like we'd rehearsed, 'Down 
at the docks, they hand them out
on Saturdays at noon.' I never
mentioned anything to him about
the women, or the drugs, or the
clinic there where they strip one's
skin to see what's under it. 'Baring
the Soul,' is what the process is 
called. Yep  -  'Baring the Soul.'
Oh man, he would know about that,
and he'd know about that for sure.

No comments: