Monday, July 9, 2018

10,961. IT'S A HARD AND BITTER STORY, MARIE, AND I CAN'T SEE A THING

IT'S A HARD AND 
BITTER STORY, 
MARIE, AND I CAN'T 
SEE A THING
Why are you putting out donuts and
coffee for this motley crowd? This
isn't quite a funeral, though it should
probably be. I want to go with God.
I want to win a lottery and live like
a King. Are either of those things the
same, at all. What do you think?
Tell me. 
-
Yes, Wednesday will be good. The
antique store is opening special;
he's usually closed on Wednesdays
but here is making an exception for
this thirty-thousand dollar purchase.
The guy said it was Custer's gun,
and so of course I believed him.
It wouldn't matter anyway, I'm so
gullible like that. As my dead 
old grandma used to say : 'A 
blind man on a galloping
horse wouldn't see no 
difference anyway.'

No comments: