Sunday, July 15, 2018

10,978. HAMLET'S CRAZY HUT

HAMLET'S CRAZY HUT
Here at home we are bored; standing
listlessly by the entrance to old banks
and outdated concert halls. The guy with
the flugel horn from the Mephistopholes'
Dance-Hall band has just left. I think
they layed him off. No one writes for
that instrument anymore, and even
polka-dancers won't dance to it.
-
A lady came over today, with her
little girl, while I was standing by the 
car, my dog with me, just staring, right
by the dollar store where Sentry TV 
used to be. Boy, those were the days.
The little girl says, 'We have a dog,
at home. Named Blanco.' I said, 'Hey,
I bet it's white!' She said, 'Yes, he's
all white, all over.'
-
Just down the street, right by the
tire shop named Atlantic, still stands
the burned-out hulk of the go-go bar 
that used to be called Jammers. I 
wonder where all those girls have 
gone. Old people's homes? 
Or just mothers at home?

No comments: